In 1926, the firm followed the general movement of business from Grahamstown to central Thames and built new office premises at 457 Pollen Street. Shortly after that, Mr C.J. Garland joined the firm as a staff solicitor and later as a partner in the early 1930s when Mr E.N. Miller retired.
Jack Garland left the firm in 1936 to join Laurie Rudd in partnership in Auckland. Mr Wilfred Fortune next joined the partnership but the war years affected the continuity of his practice and in about 1945 he joined Sexton & Manning in Auckland.